Mike Isabella Concepts is looking for people who are confident they can become an integral member of a team that values hard work and brings detail and care to every part of their day. Line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food in all service and prep stations
- Sets up station according to Chef’s guidelines
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift.
- Keeps a clean, safe, organization work station
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Assists with scrub down and organization of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
- Handles food products in a thoughtful manner, generating minimal waste
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Following recipes without direct supervision
- Basic kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
Use good communication and listening skills to build relationships by setting a professional tone.
Communicate any major facility or operational emergencies to Chef and owner immediately.
Problem solve to find a resolution.
Be receptive to new ideas and feedback from team.
Readily adjusts to circumstances and manages change effectively by finding ways to accommodate guests by always ‘making it happen.’
Maintain professionalism in difficult situations at all times, keeping in mind that you always represent MI Concepts.
Follow up and follow through on tasks delegated to you. Lead by example and inspire trust by keeping commitments.
Live, communicate and practice the Standards of Professionalism.
Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative in daily tasks by anticipating business needs and proactively addressing issues.
Create professional relationships with guests, vendors and community.
Download a PDF application below. Email your completed application to email@example.com.